Trace ride 3-1

A discussion group just for equestrians

Trace ride 3-1

Postby Sharkey » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Planning on going on a ride tomorrow , but am worried about the ground being too muddy. I figured we would go anyway, and if the trail is too muddy, we would just ride the gravel roads.

I have a super bad case of cabin fever, so the warm weather is definatly making me restless. Plan on heading out around 9 in the am, and we will see how it goes.

Brian
Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:04 pm

We got a late start. The gravel roads getting there were soupy. When we arrived at Hazel Creek Campground, we were not alone. There were about 5 trucks pulling trailers for four wheelers. I could hear them all around riding the roads. We mounted up and headed out. Did not ride too terribly far. The horses after sitting all winter were out of shape. We rode south about four miles and turned back.
Weather was great. Ground was a little soft in a few spots. We had a hiker with a dog somewhere in front of us, but never did meet up with them.
The trail is in great shape. Only one tree across it, not far from hazel creek trailhead. A few low limbs, that would not bother a hiker, but had to duck on horseback. (Ill bring my loppers next time).

Sharkey

Two photos

Postby Wildwooder » Fri May 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Hey Sharkey: could you email me the two photos of
you two on horseback with the OT markers showing; I
could use them for a collage I'm trying to put together.
Thanks loads!
edward222@charter.net
Wildwooder

Postby Sharkey » Fri May 02, 2008 9:21 pm

Ed. You have mail :D
Sharkey

Return to Equestrian Talk