Wappapello Section

A discussion group just for mountain bikers

Wappapello Section

Postby mao » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Has anyone ridden the Wappapello Section, if so can you please tell of your experience? What would you compare it too and how is the tread, Rock/Chat vs Dirt/Mud?

This is on the hit list too, possibly this week if it stays dry.

Thanks,

Matt
mao

Re: Wappapello Section

Postby b_hoffman » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:42 am

I've ridden this section in a thunderstorm, at night, at the tail end of a 3 day adventure race, but I'll give you what I can remember. Heading south from Sam Baker you will have a relatively flat section as the trail skirts a few fields before getting into the single track. Once you leave the bottoms, you'll get some nice climbs & descents between here and Hwy 67. Other than some small creek crossings, I think this area is mostly dirt. You should hit a lot more rock once you cross Hwy 67. There was a lot of downed timber when I rode this, but that's been a while. I'm sure a lot of that has been cleaned up. I have ridden the University Forest Loop at Wappapello when in a more lucid state. It's a good trail and worth incorporating into your ride if you have the time.
b_hoffman

Postby Ed Kindley » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:11 pm

To b_hoffman: what was the date of your ride? did anyone make a report of
the deadfall and, if so, to whom?
Ed Kindley

Postby b_hoffman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Ed, it was a couple of years ago, so my comment isn't really relevant with regard to that. I just wanted to give Mao what little I could remember about the terrain and recommend the other trail at Wappapello. But, thanks for asking.
b_hoffman

Return to Biker Talk