Between the rivers... mostly

A discussion group just for hikers

Between the rivers... mostly

Postby cgrantmaledy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm looking at doing my 'spring cleaning' on my adopted trail and then some additional miles Friday and Saturday (starting Good Friday afternoon) and working from J hwy back to US 60. Noticed a few feral hog reports in that area... should I take anything or not take anything in particular? I'm going to groom trail Friday and move quick Saturday. Also, I noticed the gentlemen who thru-hiked said devils run was dry... should I plan extra water? Thanks!
cgrantmaledy

Re: Between the rivers... mostly

Postby Jim » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:56 am

You might give Kathie a call or Abi at the OT office. Whipping it up in Winona was this weekend...I am sure some trail work was done in the area.... know before you go...maybe you get to see some other trail section....
Jim

Postby cgrantmaledy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks for the tip, I just left a voicemail. I'm happy to clear man portable stuff and note sawyer needs through the area but I'm kinda limited on time (family commitments sat pm/sun am in Salem) so not sure if i'll be much help!
cgrantmaledy

Postby cgrantmaledy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Got official word, so I'm planning on starting at J and heading east/north to hwy 60! Hope to see some other folks out there. I'm trying my hammock rig for the first time on a backpacking trip (i've slept in it car camping and in my basement), so hopefully all goes well. See you out there!
cgrantmaledy

Return to Hiker Talk