Pictures - posting

Post a narrative about your trip on the Ozark Trail

Pictures - posting

Postby laforbes » Mon May 14, 2007 1:50 pm

Can someone give me instructions on how to post pictures along with a Trip Report?
Thanks,
Linda Forbes
laforbes

Postby ToddH » Mon May 14, 2007 8:44 pm

To show an image first you have to have it uploaded somewhere on the web, like flickr, yahoo, webshots. To show it in the forum, click the Img button which is towards the top when you are writing a message to insert a start img tag, then the web address, or url of the image, then click Img again for the end img tag. If you place your cursor over the Img button it will give you the format. Let me know if you still have any questions.

ToddH
ToddH

Postby ChrisS » Tue May 15, 2007 7:12 am

Just to expand on what Todd already explained a bit.

The first step is to get the url of the picture. In flikr you can just right click on the picture and go to properties in IE, or in Mozilla you can right click and selecet copy image location.

It should look something like this

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/4723 ... d6ad24.jpg

If it doesn't end in a .jpg, .bmp, .gif etc, it won't work. Sometimes the site will tack on some stuff on the end like a ?? you will have to remove that part.

Once you have that, paste it in here. Highlight it all and press the Img button at the top. It should look like this minus the code stuff.

Code: Select all
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/472388896_2956d6ad24.jpg[/img]

And you will end up with this!

Also utilize the preview button to get your formatting just right. This allows you to get everything just right before letting other people see it. You can still edit something after you post it (I'm doing that right now) if you need to as well.

Ok so this was all just a chance to post a good pic of my pup, but hopefully it was helpfull too!
ChrisS

Postby laforbes » Tue May 15, 2007 8:09 am

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info.
Linda
laforbes

Return to Trip Reports