Some previous trip reports

Post a narrative about your trip on the Ozark Trail

Some previous trip reports

Postby tcmacrae » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi everyone, I just found this forum. I have some previous trip reports (from last winter/spring) with photos that you may find interesting - they are posted on my website: Beetles In The Bush. You can find them easily by going to the sidebar and clicking on the keyword phrase "Ozark Trail" or by going to "Contents" and looking for post titles that include "Ozark Trail". I highly recommend my write up on the Marble Creek Section for starters. Comments also are welcome - just click on the link at the bottom of each post.

I'll post reports of future hikes here as well, but I thought you might be interested in some of my past hikes.

best regards -- ted
Last edited by tcmacrae on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tcmacrae

Re: Some previous trip reports

Postby Ed Kindley » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:34 pm

I'm the "maintenance adopter" for the segment Hwy 8 to Machells Hollow, and I found your
description of that stretch (lower Courtois) to be very informative; you've noticed things
that I have not, though I'm not a trained outdoor observer. Thanks for the posting!
Ed Kindley

Postby John » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Excellent stuff, Ted.

I also tremendously enjoyed your article in the upcoming OTA newsletter (which will be mailed next week).
John

Postby tcmacrae » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks, Ed and John - I'm glad you liked it. That stretch really is beautiful, I was amazed at the wildness of its character for being so close to St. Louis.

Thanks also, John, for the nice comments about my OTA newsletter article - it was fun to write. Rich's ankle is healing - now in a "boot" - I'm hopeful he can get back out with me over the holidays. If so I'll post another report.

Regards -- Ted
tcmacrae

Return to Trip Reports