Video: The Bell Mountain Adventure

Post a narrative about your trip on the Ozark Trail

Video: The Bell Mountain Adventure

Postby tangobravo74 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Hello All,

Long-time reader, First-time poster. My best buddy and I recently finished a January hike of the Bell Mountain Wilderness. We had a great time even though we ran into a few snags along the way, and are looking forward to heading back soon. I made a small mini-documentary of the hike and I figured this would be a great place to post it. Enjoy!

http://www.bravocreative.co/blog/2016/2/5/the-bell-mountain-adventure-with-tom-mike

In March we are planning to hike from the northern trail of Bell Mountain to Brushy Creek. Can't Wait!
tangobravo74

Re: Video: The Bell Mountain Adventure

Postby Jim » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:19 am

Oh fellas! I saw your video crossing the creek and knew right away...you missed the Bell trail. That up on the South Trace Creek section is a beast. At least ya have a good view of what lies ahead for the next trip.
Great Video of the trip! You will look back on it in a couple years and live it all over again.
Check out the Bell North Trail Head parking option.

I have made a dozen or more trips up Bell Mtn. Some in daylight and some in the dark. Yet somehow, I always skip the Bell North (Joes Creek ) loop. PS a full moon rising after sunset is an amazing view from Bell Mtn.

Instead of Bell to Brushy - you might want to consider the Johnson Shutin's connection to Goggins then wrap to Taum Sauk and back to Johnson Shutin's. Maybe 18ish miles and much better views than than Bell to Brushy.
Jim

Postby mike » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:13 pm

Enjoyed the video guys. Like Jim I thought oops when I saw you crossing the creek but what the heck. Appears you had a good time and that's what it's all about.

The other Mike.
mike

Postby tangobravo74 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:10 am

Jim and Mike, glad you enjoyed the video. I'm looking forward to film another for our next hike. Wrong direction or not we had a great time, it won't be the last time that happens.
Jim, thank you for the Johnson Shut-ins suggestion- it's got my wheels turning trying to figure out the trail we will take.
Thanks again!
tangobravo74

Return to Trip Reports